Tuesday 21 August 2012

ebay

Ebay can be a wonderful thing. Whether buying or selling, if you know how to use it, it can be of great benefit. In the fashion world, its like having the world's biggest clothes shop in your home, that you can peruse at your leisure. Be it old, new, designer, home made, tailor made, for clothes and accessories. If you're selling, if you list your item well, it can be a real money spinner.
I have found some real gems on there. One is a topshop cropped black leather biker jacket, in mint condition, for  £25. In my opinion this is a timeless item that I will wear again and again, and it goes with everything! Its also something I can probably sell on again if I keep it in good condition. The original price of this is likely to be £100 or over, so to pay £25 for something I wear all the time is no hardship!
Another great find was a pair of genuine chanel sunglasses. rrp £277, mine for £90. These were complete with case, cloth, box, authentication card and fabric case. They were brand new, the seller says she bought them but lost receipt and so was unable to return them. She allowed for returns so there was nothng to lose. They arrived and were clearly brand new, so I believed her story. A bargain for me, and some cashback for the seller. Pity the sun hasnt been out for me to use them!!

For the seller, if you get your description right, you can make some good money back on things you have bought. I usually sell dresses I have bought for weddings etc that I have worn once or twice.....I usually get at least £25 for these. Brands like All Saints Spitalfields, Coast, French Connection, Topshop will nearly always attract a buyer.
Beware the non payers though. Why somebody would bid for, win and then not pay for an item is beyond me. Do these people think you are actually going to post it out before youve recieved payment? Its good that there are non-payment procedures that you can follow, but if you relist the item I find that watchers are wary that the item has been listed and then shy away.
But this aside, I think its a great resource for both buying and selling in the fashion world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment